JOB TITLE: Office Manager
BENEFITS: Telephone and Internet costs
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm with occasional additional hours, during ECySA events
CONTRACT: Initially for three months, with possibility for extension
REPORTING TO: The President of the association
LOCATION: Addis Abeba
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants can email their CV and letter of application to email@example.com until 25/03/2023
In this age of digitization, the world is being transformed by Financial technologies, eCommerce, Social media and Cloud services. Cyber threats are increasing dramatically, where those without the necessary resources and capabilities to secure information are even more at risk. ECySA aims to be at the forefront of the Ethiopian Cybersecurity ecosystem by creating a collaborative platform. Working for the association offers an opportunity to make a contribution doing important work, with abundant room for growth and advancement.
- To provide professional, efficient, and effective administrative support to ECySA, ensuring highest standard of professionalism in running the ECySA office and day-to-day activities.
- To support the ECySA team in the management and administration of its fundraising and collection of membership fees, PR, and marketing functions.
- To help manage the budget expenditure and accounting, in conjunction with the Executive Committee, as well as the Auditor(s).
ECySA is a non-profit professional association established to create a network of Cybersecurity advocates, enthusiasts and experts residing worldwide. The association is dedicated to creating Cyber resilience for Ethiopian businesses and the society at large, raising awareness, developing capacity, providing consultancy, and carrying out quality assurance as well as research activities.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic ECySA Office Manager to work with the Executive Committee in the execution of daily administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of skills and be geared towards playing a key role within the various teams assigned, while supporting the ECySA Members, Working Groups, and various partners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the schedule for the Association, as well as the Executive Committee in accordance with Annual plans and routinely organized activities of the president, as appropriate.
- Liaise with the President and relevant Executive Committee members daily regarding ongoing activities and follow up on resultant actions.
- Organize and manage the ECySA office, in accordance with procurement and property administration practices, maintaining necessary records and reports to comply with the CSO Authority requirements.
- Manage member notifications, including relevant fee collections, activities & events, meetings, projects as per guidelines provided by the ECySA President and/or members of the Executive Committee.
- Participate in meetings, webinars, and relevant events as required, to facilitate collaboration among members, within working groups, and with external stakeholders to help prepare agendas and maintain minutes for approval.
Administrative support to the Association office
- Running of the Association office, dealing with inquiries by telephone, email, and post, and maintaining filing systems (both electronic and hard copy).
- Work with the Executive Committee, as well as the PR and Marketing teams to maintain the Association’s internal policies and procedures, as required.
- Set up meetings, prepare facilities and resources, to carry out events accordingly.
- Assist with keeping relevant databases of contacts, as well as formal communications and records up to date, ensuring confidentiality and any data protection queries with the relevant members/groups.
- Maintain office supplies and documentation, creating purchase orders as necessary.
- Attend occasional evening and weekend fundraising/Association events and exhibitions as required.
Fundraising, Budget and Audit
- Record all income promptly and accurately;
- Producing Annual Budget in line with annual plan agreed by the Executive Committee and making recommendations on improvements for the future;
- Producing annual accounts for audit/independent examination including income and expenditure and balance sheet;
- Support annual audit / independent examination.
A bachelor’s degree in business management, IT or a related field. 2 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Excellent Communication, organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to work equally well within teams and independently;
- Flexibility with willingness to be available at varying hours, according to workload;
- Planning, Time Management and resourcefulness;
- Basic Computer skills, as well as office applications, using the Internet and Social Media;
- Analytic and Problem solving abilities.